: Facility Maintenance and Food Manager
: Chicago, Illinois
For this position, sponsorship would not be available now or in the future.
Outstanding opportunity to work as a Facility Maintenance and Food Manager for a very successful company in Chicago.
This is a direct hire / permanent Facility Maintenance and Food Manager position with a well-established company.
Manage, through subordinate supervisors, skilled employees engaged to install, maintain and repair the facility’s operating systems; includes, but is not limited to, the engine room, refrigeration, ammonia, waste water, and process safety management systems. Duties include setting and enforcing maintenance policies and procedures, supervising maintenance personnel, and developing and maintaining maintenance budgets.
- Develop and administer policies and procedures for the maintenance department. These include purchasing policies, training policies, scheduling policies, preventive maintenance programs, spending and budget controls, and inventory control programs.
- Supervise maintenance department employees which includes, but is not limited to, hiring, disciplining, terminating, training, performance evaluation, employee assistance, conflict resolution, policy and procedure enforcement, and compensation recommendations
- Lead facility process safety and environmental risk program administrative activities including, but not limited to, communication, recordkeeping, employee training, contractor management and coordination, program improvement, and reporting. Develop recommendations for improvement and implement as authorized.
- Schedule required equipment audits by external auditors; review audit results; implement recommended changes; and document audit process
- Procure and direct outside technicians, outside contractors, or original equipment manufacturers as needed to supplement in-house mechanics to ensure building systems run efficiently
- Develop, implement, and report on required training programs; identify gaps in training and take action to remedy to ensure compliance
- Periodically inspect building systems and related maintenance work to evaluate compliance with established preventive maintenance program and to identify areas of concern
- Work with managers of other functions to coordinate maintenance activity in support of operational objectives
- Develop and manage programs that ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental regulations including the handling of hazardous materials, waste water and other by-products of the manufacturing process
- Manage and maintain inventories of maintenance supplies and reorder repair parts as necessary
- Respond, or direct others to respond, to after-hours emergency repair calls as required.
- Maintain safe and sanitary working conditions in compliance with facility and regulatory guidelines individually and as functional leader.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 7 to 10 years of building maintenance management in a manufacturing facility, preferably in food industry or other governmental regulated industry.
- Expert knowledge of plant manufacturing equipment and systems, including, but not limited to, ammonia refrigeration, hydraulics, mechanical, electrical, and HVAC.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations and related operational best practices.
- Ability to manage complex installation and modification projects involving major capital expenditures in the area of responsibility.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and apply analytical tools to moderately complex spreadsheets.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with peers, subordinates management and external contacts.
- Ability to supervise and manage the work of others to achieve established goals and objectives.
- Work is generally performed within a manufacturing environment subjected to temperatures of cold and warm along with wearing the proper PPE, with standard office equipment available along with plant manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, walk, use hands or finger, talk, hear, feel objects, tools, or controls; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision to a computer screen.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent subject matter expertise, analytical ability, and communication skills acquired through work.
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: http://www.onwardgroup.com/careers/zoho-submit-resume/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.