Maintenance Shift Leader - 3rd Shift
For this position, sponsorship would not be available now or in the future.
The Maintenance Shift Leader assists the Maintenance Manager with monitoring, planning and implementing maintenance work activities to support production, preventive maintenance and other assigned tasks. The maintenance leader monitors Quality, Safety, and Efficiency of the maintenance team to ensure that customer (internal and external) needs are met. In addition to leading the maintenance team, the Shift Lead will perform maintenance activities as required. This position is responsible for creating a positive work environment for all employees and solve problems as a team.
Required Education and Experience:
- Has high standards of performance for self
- Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes
- Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress
- Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow
- Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers internal/external
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities
- Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches
- Uses time wisely
Minimum 5 years of supervisory/maintenance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and or experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Electrical (motor control, relay logic, photoeye set up, read electrical drawings)
- Drive systems (bearing installation, pulley alignment, belt installation, etc.)
- Mechanical (blade set up, Understand machine mechanical drawings)
- Intermediate computer skills – CMMS, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Team building skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Technical Skills: Industrial maintenance expertise in one or more disciplines (electrical or machine repair maintenance)
- Partakes in educational opportunities such as workshops and reads technical articles and studies to keep job knowledge current
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: http://www.onwardgroup.com/careers/zoho-submit-resume/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.