e: Metrology Technician
: Buffalo Grove, Illinois
For this position, sponsorship would not be available now or in the future.
Execution through completion, assigned projects designed to ensure continuous production and distribution of products consistent with established standards. Duties and responsibilities are accomplished personally
- Supports and maintains all policies of the company including but not limited to ISO Standards, Health and Safety Requirements, Continuous Improvement as well as standard work procedures.
- Performs dimensional and functional inspection per Sample Requests, Validation Protocols, Work instructions and special requests from customers.
- Supports Measurement System Engineer in development and implementation through completion of new and improves existing methods of measurement.
- Performs training for inspectors and operators to use developed automated and manual measurement techniques, measuring machines, gages and fixtures.
- Performs programming and maintenance of VSPC/Measurelink software.
- Performs Start-up measurement, first piece inspection (FAI) and validation of molded parts and assemblies.
- Performs Gage R&R and Correlation Study inspection and validation of molded parts and assemblies during a process of measurement method development.
- Performs Shrinkage Study for new and existing components.
- Executes specific responsibilities as defined within the company quality operating system.
- Assists Metrology manager and Measurement System Engineer in coordinating and executing objectives in cooperation with other departments, to maximize product quality and minimize cost.
- Two (2) year college in related field or minimum three (3) years in related technology
- Experience with basic measuring instruments (calipers, micrometers, optical comparator, and microscope)
- Able to read and interpret Blue Prints
- Basic computer skills
- Basic understanding of statistical methods in Quality Assurance.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Some travel required
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: http://www.onwardgroup.com/careers/zoho-submit-resume/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.