Controls Engineering Manager
Farmington Hills, Michigan
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the supervision and monitoring of engineering personnel and outside engineering vendors during all design and build phases of the project and ensure on-time delivery within budget.
- Monitor and control budget, scheduling of mechanical, controls and software designs of all components and systems for customer ordered as well as internal use honing machines.
- Coordinate and balance workload using both internal and external resources to complete scheduled engineering activities as required.
- Select, train, develop and motivate a staff that meets or exceeds performance expectations.
- Coordinate and review project design decisions with staff engineers and management.
- Analyze, recommend, and/or develop new concepts, standards, and technology for higher quality and cost effectiveness.
- Maintain contact with sister companies to ensure consistency with concepts, standards, and technology.
- Monitor and coordinate actions with Problem Resolutions in engineering to ensure departmental awareness and corrective designs are implemented.
- Monitor engineering activities through the build phase of each project, working with manufacturing and using all engineering resources necessary to support the build and runoff of machines.
- Maintain customer contact through meetings and presentations.
- Work closely with process development and tooling departments as well as supporting their activities with any required engineering services.
- Customer/client focus
- Cost/Time awareness
- Technical knowledge
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to remain flexible enough to accommodate for changes in scope and direction
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to leverage previous experience
- Communication proficiency
This job operates in an office and indoor industrial shop floor setting and requires presence and travels to customer’s place.
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: http://www.onwardgroup.com/careers/zoho-submit-resume/
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.