Manual / CNC Machinist
St. Charles, Illinois
For this position, sponsorship would not be available now or in the future.
- Perform basic setups and operations to produce a part from an engineering print or sketch. Working from raw stock with minimal assistance holding ± .002 tolerances consistently. Able to use equipment listed above and various other shop equipment to produce a quality part. Able to setup, run and program NC equipment utilizing macro programming .
- Able to make simple ultrasonic horn details.
- Read and understand blueprints completely.
- Perform layout work.
- Perform basic math skills including conversion of fractions to decimals and basic trigonometry.
- Utilize measuring instruments such as: micrometers, depth micrometers, Vernier calipers and other various measuring instruments needed for the job.
- Setup NC/CNC equipment, run and optimize NC/CNC machine time.
- Clean and deburr parts so they are ready for completion
- Sharpening of cutting tools such as: drills, facing, turning tools and fly cutting tools.
- Perform basic maintenance of machines, including minor repairs or adjustments ,maintaining oils and coolant levels and their correct concentrations (checked with a refractometer)
- Checking and cleaning of filters or coolant tanks as it becomes necessary
- Cleaning off machines and immediate area to maintain a clean and safe working area
- Keep chips of specific materials separated for recycling purposes
- Communicate with next shift employees concerning current or scheduled jobs at the machine, or leave detailed note should next scheduled shift personal not be available
- Complete daily time cards and job cards accurately.
- Move materials to, from and within the machine shop.
- Consult with department manager before making decision(s) that change procedures.
- Perform work in other job classifications as needed.
- Assist in training of personnel in equipment operation when necessary.
- Consult with department manager before making decision(s) that encompass the changing of procedures
- High School education or equivalent.
- Two years minimum experience in a machine shop environment with emphasis on set ups and operations of mills, lathes, saws and drill presses. Blueprint reading, math skills, and the use of measuring instruments and machinist tools a must. Working from raw stock with minimal assistance holding ± .005 tolerances consistently.
- Must have at least 4-5 years experience working with a CNC Vertical Mill
- Must have G&M programming and Fanuc Controls
- Must be able to read a blueprint
- Will do set-up, operating and macro programming - done at the control (no offline programming)
- Will run 2 CNC Vertical Machines - one Haas and one Tree
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: http://www.onwardgroup.com/careers/zoho-submit-resume/
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.