Quality Technician - 1st Shift
New Berlin, Wisconsin
For this position, sponsorship would not be available now or in the future.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Conduct standardized tests on intermediate and finished food products to ensure compliance with standards and regulations regarding factors such as size, color, and flavor.
- Check the metal detector to ensure proper operation; report malfunctions to appropriate personnel.
- Gather retention, microbiological and control samples from raw materials and finished products.
- Prepare microbiological sample composites and paperwork for pickup by laboratory.
- Examine and approve product labels prior to completing printing.
- Place product on hold and assist with investigations as needed.
- Complete daily paperwork as assigned
- Comply with all safety and sanitation regulations (SQF code, Plant programs, HACCP, GMP’s and policies). Enforce and report deficiencies when appropriate.
- Analyze quality data, identify problem areas, and assist in resolving manufacturing processes or methods that affect quality.
- Participate on cross functional teams to address and resolve quality problems and to ensure the continuous, on-going improvement of processes and methods.
- Other duties as required.
- 2+ years of quality technician experience PREFERRED
- Must come from quality technician role in highly regulated manufacturing environment (foods, pharma, etc)
- Will pull samples off floor and test viscosity, weight, taste, etc...
- Microbiological and control samples from raw materials and finished products
- Comply with all safety and sanitation regulations (SQF code, plant programs, HACCP, GMP's,)
- Analyze quality data, ID problem areas, and assist in resolving manufacturing processes or methods that affect quality
- Participation on cross-functional teams
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: http://www.onwardgroup.com/careers/zoho-submit-resume/
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.