Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
For this position, sponsorship would not be available now or in the future.
Responsible for managing all aspects of the production and manufacture of either smoked and molded slabs of bacon logs into either fully cooked circular or strip bacon or raw sliced bacon.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
(Essential duties for which this position is responsible.)
- Plan and schedule department work; utilize employees, equipment and material in order to produce quality products.
- Estimate manpower requirements and select qualified employees to perform necessary work.
- Assign employees to jobs and instruct them in the proper procedures that will ensure quality, safety and efficiency
- Ensure compliance with all established employee policies. Initiate discipline measures as required
- Document and maintain records on all employees relating to discipline, promotion and attendance
- Recommend improvements and modifications in the organization, procedures, policies, standards and methods in order to improve the system.
- Prepare reports concerning departmental activities and complete daily paperwork accurately.
- Train crew leaders to assume supervisory position in the event of absence or promotion
- Create an environment without fear that promotes creativity and process improvement
- Work closely with the Plant Manager to ensure that production schedules are met, quality exceeds customer expectation and all HACCP and safety regulations are followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have Production Supervisory Experience
- Must have Food Industry Experience (Meat Industry is essential if we can find)
- Must be able to perform within a manufacturing environment and able to work in both a cold and warm environment
- Plan and schedule department work; and must work with Plant Manager to ensure production schedules are met
- HACCP and safety regulation experience
- USDA experience highly preferred
- Train employees to ensure top level performance from the team
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: http://www.onwardgroup.com/careers/zoho-submit-resume/
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.