Punch Press Setup Operator - 2nd Shift
n: Carpentersville, Illinois
Outstanding opportunity to work as a Punch Press Operator for a very successful manufacturing company in Carpentersville, Illinois.
This is a 2nd shift Punch Press Setup Operator position.
The hiring manager is looking for someone with previous punch press setup experience.
In this exciting Punch Press Operator position, you will obtain the first piece inspection release and check work during run for obvious damage or defects before swaging.
The ideal candidate for this position will have previous experience working with measuring instruments such as scales, veneer calipers, indicators and height gages.
The hours for this position are Monday through Friday from 2:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. Central Time.
- Operate and make required set-ups on presses performing a limited variety of component operations- setting dies, adjusting stroke, attaching and adjusting safety equipment, working with parts similar in nature, but varying in size or detail
- Obtain first piece inspection release, check work during run for dimensions, burrs, cracking or buckling, and visually inspect components for obvious damage or defects before swaging
- Work from drawings, shop orders, samples, and use a limited variety of measuring equipment
- Adjust fixtures to bring parts to spec with the use of hand tools, drive pin punches, and hex wrenches
- Occasionally-instruct operator as to special job conditions or safety precautions
- Notify supervisor regarding the necessity of reconditioning, difficulties with parts or tooling, and malfunction of equipment
- Move material, parts, or containers, using hand truck- segregate and remove scraps as required
- Follow prescribed safety practices, including the use of safety equipment as required
- Perform daily preventive maintenance procedures on department equipment
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years of punch press setup experience required
- Prior experience with measuring instruments- scales, veneer calipers, indicators, and height gages
- Ability to critical think and troubleshoot
For immediate consideration for this outstanding Punch Press Operator position in Carpentersville, please send your resume today.
We look forward to reviewing your resume.
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.