Title: Engineering Technician
: Wheeling, Illinois
For this position, sponsorship would not be available now or in the future.
SUMMARY OF PRIMARY FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION LEVEL, OR KNOWLEDGE
- Supports both the New Product Design & Development process for “Dispensers, Mixers, and Shakers”
- Trouble shoots electrical/electronic issues down to the component level using the appropriate test tools
- Able to read, interpret or update complex schematics and wiring diagrams
- Conducts component DFMEA’s or worst case analysis for electronic and electro-mechanical components
- Builds, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs production or test equipment
- Discusses design for assembly procedures and problems with engineering to clarify design details
- Assembles experimental designs or prototypes according to engineering instructions, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- Recommends changes in design or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Develops standard tests plans & procedures, and test stands, to conduct functional testing and evaluation of prototypes or production models.
- Calibrates or adjust prototype and components to determine the effects on performance.
- Develops technical reports with charts/graphs to illustrate the operating characteristics, malfunctions or deviations from design intent.
- Analyzes and interprets recorded test data.
- Operates various types of lab test equipment
- Develops automated test scripts using Python
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology - MUST be electrical or electronic
- B.S. in Engineering Technology or Electronics a plus
- Must be Very strong in analysis and troubleshooting down to the component level
- 1-2 years of working experience working in a product development organization (Internship ok)
- 1-2 years of experience with analysis of written engineering requirements (Internship ok)
- 1-2 years of experience with assembling engineering prototypes designs & test fixtures (Internship ok)
- 1-2 years of experience with testing & troubleshooting electronic control systems (Internship ok)
- 1-2 years of experience working in an industrial or manufacturing environment (Internship ok)
- Experience following standard operating procedures
- Experience working with software test applications such as Lab View, MATLAB or Electronics Workbench (+)
- Experience working with various operating systems such as Windows, Unix, or Linux a (+)
- Experience with software programming and scripting languages such as Python or Java a (+)
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page:
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.