Job Title: Material Handler - 2nd Shift
Job Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
The Material Handler Is responsible for the unloading, routing, and processing of incoming drums, totes, tanks, containerized and/or palletized material from Branch locations. Is responsible for various hub functions including material transfers, waste check-in, AFS refurbishment. Is responsible for drum cleaning and filling or refilling, and for loading outbound trailers to Branch locations, Designated Receiving Facilities and/or customer locations.
Reports directly to the Warehouse Supervisor and/or the Hub Manager, as applicable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working safely in all job aspects and functions.
- Promotes and fosters safety and efficiency in all Hub employees and activity.
- Takes direction from Warehouse Supervisor and/or Hub Manager, as applicable.
- Unloads containerized material from inbound trailers in accordance with Company rules and regulations (unloading).
- Verifies inbound containers and container labeling are consistent with inbound paperwork and all applicable D.O.T. designations (waste checking)
- Verifies container labeling and directs inbound containers to appropriate staging areas (unloading).
- Cleans and Refurbishes inbound AFS machines (AFS refurbishing).
- Empties and cleans inbound reuse product containers and refills containers with clean solvent in preparation for outbound shipment, as needed (drum sucking/drum washing/drum filling).
- Prepares materials and loads outbound trailers for Branch replenishment (loading).
- Loads outbound waste trailers for third party disposal (loader/waste checking).
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Designations or Memberships
Fisher Online Training Courses:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with clean motor vehicle record (required for forklift operation and/or operation of motorized equipment)
Offline Training Courses:
- D.O.T. Safety – Meets Requirements of 49 CFR 172.704 (Every 3 Years)
- Fire Safety (Annual)
- General Safety
- Hazard Communication (Annual)
- PPE (Annual)
- RCRA (Annual)
Additional Online Training Courses (As Required):
- Emergency & Evacuation Training (Hubs) (Annual)
- SPCC Training (Annual)
Additional Offline Training Courses (As Required):
- Respirator Certification (Annual)
- Respirator Fit Testing
- Yard Spotting (Every 3 Years) (If Applicable)
- Railcar Training (Annual) (If Applicable)
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: http://www.onwardgroup.com/careers/zoho-submit-resume/
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.