Job Title: Route Sales and Service Representative
Location: San Antonio, Texas
The Route Sales and Service Representative (SSR) will be responsible for applying sales strategies in an effort to grow the company's business at new and existing customer sites. The SSR will also be responsible for performing company services at customer facilities. Service responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: providing service to parts washing units, picking up waste drums of varying sizes and weights using company-approved material handling equipment, and operating a Commercial Motor Vehicle on a daily basis.
- Responsible for engaging in and promoting safe work behaviors in a manner that is consistent with all company safety guidelines
- Responsible for customer service and new business development in a certain geographic area as assigned by the Company
- Aligns work orders to minimize mileage and travel time
- Inspects vehicle and equipment for safe operation
- Services existing customers by exchanging solvent or aqueous fluids along with removal of drum wastes, servicing parts washers and other equipment
- Pursues additional services with existing accounts
- Assesses potential customer needs, presents HCC products and services to customers, and develops new customers
- Develops sales leads for Data-Marketing
- Complete all required paperwork accurately and neatly
- Maintains compliance with all applicable Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements
- Achieve sales quotas for total revenue and new customer development
- Adhere to all corporate policies and standards including but not limited to environmental, health, & safety (EHS), human resources, facility, equipment, operations and maintenance
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Position Qualification Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Core Competencies and Specific Skills:
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact with customers, sales branch employees, and other corporate departments
- Ability to operate equipment such as electronic mobile devices, computers, hoses, all truck equipment, etc.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, or Designations:
- Route sales experience preferred
Personal Protective Equipment*:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must have or be qualified to obtain and maintain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and Med Card with Airbrake and HAZMAT
- Motor vehicle record (MVR) that meets or exceeds HCC’s published standards including, but not limited to the following;
- Seat belt and cell phone violations
- Excessive speeding
- DUI, suspension and/or multiple vehicle collisions
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, which may include a respirator, steel toe boots, gloves, uniform, safety glasses, reflective vest, and hard hats
- Frequent lifting of materials that typically weigh 54-80lbs
- Frequent pushing/pulling of 16-55 gallon drums of waste/product using HCC-approved equipment for safe material handling. Drum weight varies based on material type and size, weight may exceed 400lbs.
- All applicants must pass the pre-employment physical including drug & alcohol screening
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: http://www.onwardgroup.com/careers/zoho-submit-resume/
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.