Job Title: Estimator / Process Engineer
: Shelby Township, Michigan
For this position, sponsorship would not be available now or in the future.
Expanding global supplier of assembly, testing, and welding equipment for the Automotive and Non-Automotive industries is seeking an Estimator/Process Engineer with a strong Design Engineering background in Assembly Automation to support automotive sales.
The Estimator/Process Engineering position requires a strong Equipment Design Engineering background and understanding of Automotive Assembly Automation systems with special focus on module assembly. Utilize standards, specifications and line-up information presented by the customer to develop competitive proposals. Develop and maintain strong business and customer relationships improving the reputation with key customer/account stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to disseminate the customer’s Technical Specifications and the manufacturing feasibility of customer requested processes/applications. Ability to propose required equipment and processes to meet customer requirements.
- Possess the skill to create an automated assembly process with system layouts utilizing the process developed and develop detailed cost and create detailed quote packages for our customers.
- Coordinate the receipt of CAD data and drawings. Be proficient in AutoCAD/Inventor to prepare system layouts and part overviews and Microsoft Excel for preparing detail cycle time charts.
- Define and obtain all engineering information required for project design completion.
- Support the development (Eventually be able to provide) of highly competitive technical process proposals and associated cost roll-up by coordinating with the client’s internal departments and the customer for the following: customer requirements, technical feasibility, process competitiveness, and cost competitiveness.
- Provide concept sketches, reference drawings and all required information for design personnel.
- Assist/aid design personnel assigned to designated projects.
- Verify assembly, test & material handling system processes based on cycle time, cost, and product quality.
- After award, prepare sales orders, internal department kick-off documents and change tracking documents as required per project.
- Ideal experience and skills:
- Experienced in Mechanical Design.
- Strong Manufacturing engineering background in Assembly Automation specializing in module assembly (Suspension modules are primary). Other tier 1 automotive assembly areas include tire/wheel, seats, headliners, sunroofs, front end modules, instrument panels, test and automated material handling.
- Ability to interface appropriately with engineering, manufacturing and project management
- Tooling and assembly system costing experience.
- Technically competent (Assembly Automation) with good judgment and analytical skills.
- Coordination of technical proposal from concept to final detailed cost roll-up
- Knowledgeable in all Sales related Business process with emphasis on technical proposal development processes
- B.S.M.E / B.S.M.E.T. degree, is preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Strong manufacturing or Design engineering or Estimating background in Assembly Automation specializing in module assembly (Suspension modules are primary).
- Tier 1 automotive assembly areas include tire/wheel, seats, headliners, sunroofs, instrument panels, front end modules, test and automated material handling
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: http://www.onwardgroup.com/careers/zoho-submit-resume/
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.