Job Title: Maintenance Electrician – 3rd shift
: Bartlett, Illinois
For this position, sponsorship would not be available now or in the future.
Minimum education, work experience and requirements
- Conducts machine setup, inspection, preventive maintenance and work order service.
- Able to proficiently diagnose, repair, replace and/or overhaul all mechanical components for numerous types of equipment to include but not limited to production equipment (Blenders, Grinders, Pumps, Fillers, Sealers, Cappers & Conveyors), packaging equipment (Metal detectors, Printers, Case packers & Case tapers), electrically operated equipment, variable speed controllers, hydraulic equipment, air compressors, air handlers, HVAC and related software programs, etc.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production and facility equipment during machine service.
- Possess mechanical and troubleshooting knowledge and skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical operation, process and control systems including both building electrical and machine electrical panels.
- Reads and interprets equipment operation and parts manuals, electrical schematics, blueprints and can perform computer tasks related to work order, PM's and service orders.
- Complete and submit daily job-related documentation written or computerized data entry pertaining to job task performance, downtime, spare parts usage, preventative maintenance & work orders.
- Day to day troubleshooting, repair and installation of low and high voltage industrial electro-mechanical and control systems for utility.
- Assist with project and system startups and operational checkouts on systems including configuration, wiring, calibration, grounding and power testing.
- Adhere to work rules, MPs, Safety processes, procedures and rules as well as ; comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical training; exposure to high-speed equipment
- 3-5 years of related experience in packing machines/production machines with specific experience in a food manufacturing plant preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills (Ability to deal tactfully and courteously/interdepartmentally as well as with co-workers and vendors)
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, maintain, and repair complex mechanical and pneumatic systems and electrical components
- Must be flexible to work weekends and other shifts as needed
- Able to work well independently, self motivated and as a team member
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position requiring heavy lifting up to 50 lbs., carrying tools and supplies, kneeling and stooping and standing on feet for long periods of time
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: http://www.onwardgroup.com/careers/zoho-submit-resume/
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.