Job Title: Product Specialist & Systems Engineer
For this position, sponsorship would not be available now or in the future.
The primary function of the Product Specialist & Systems Engineer is to own product design evaluation including DFMEA, testing and analysis for both new product development and existing products/feature. The Product Specialist & Systems Engineer will be the liaison between different Engineering departments and Customer Support to understand customer needs, equipment issues and training requirements to ensure best-in-class products and solutions to the customers.
- Generates and refines design solutions to identified product requirements, formalize designs with the use of design tools.
- Ensures that products are designed to meet all performance specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Uses formal tools such as Six Sigma, DFMEA, PFMEA and FEA to anticipate and solve design and manufacturing problems and to optimize the design for cost and quality.
- Execute Product Acceptance Testing for both NPD Projects and legacy product updates
- Manage a process of continuous improvement/lean initiatives to reduce cost, quality and delivery in manufacturing, thereby improving customer satisfaction while reducing the total cost and investment of operations.
- Perform Product Analysis including product testing, reliability and endurance testing and RMA Component Failure Analysis
- Support DFMEA reviews by developing fault tree diagrams for both NPD and legacy products
- Drive root cause corrective action for warranty claims internally with engineering and manufacturing and externally with suppliers
- Own technical writing for product & support specifications and test reports
- Liaison between Engineering and Technical Support to provide key learnings and corrective actions from root cause, transfer knowledge and NPD Project deliverables and hand-offs
- Assist in customer escalations for root cause analysis and issue resolution in engineering
- Respond as needed to escalated field issues that impact the customer base
- Communicates significant issues identified during root cause analysis investigation with documented corrective action
- Review all customer orders for accuracy and completion prior to release to production
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Develops and documents inspection methods or techniques to support corrective actions
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data
- Coordinates RMA analysis, generate reports and recommends corrective actions
- Other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree Required; Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of product design, testing or application specialist experience required
- Familiarity with 2D and 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., AutoCAD, Solidworks are preferred.)
- Solid understanding of DFMEA and ability to drive to root cause analysis
- Project Management experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Working knowledge of CI tools (Standard Work, Value Stream Mapping, SMED, TPI, 5S)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record in problem solving and coming up with design innovations when it comes to engineering cases.
- Ability to execute quality control inspections with a critical eye setting a standard for our cross functional teams and factories
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: http://www.onwardgroup.com/careers/zoho-submit-resume/
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.