Job Title: Maintenance Technician – 1st shift
New Berlin, Wisconsin
For this position, sponsorship would not be available now or in the future.
1st Shift is 5:00am - 1:00pm CT
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Maintenance; the Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing duties to repair and maintain machinery, equipment, buildings, and facilities requiring a broad knowledge of maintenance skills including mechanical repair, plumbing, welding, carpentry, fabrication, and a basic knowledge of electrical repair.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Education and/or Experience
- Install, repair, rebuild, and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment used in production and related services.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties.
- Make repairs or adjustments to keep equipment in production.
- Rebuild machines and overhaul troublesome components and attachments to involve dismantling, inspection, machining or replacement of purchased parts.
- Perform skilled operations such as filing and aligning bearings, and shafts; adjust feed and limit mechanisms.
- Perform various activities relative to the installation and relocation of existing machines and equipment to involve dismantling, erection, leveling, fitting and aligning operations.
- Perform maintenance on the buildings, facilities, and the grounds.
- Assist to determine the nature and scope of forthcoming projects and the requirements for completion.
- Perform preventive maintenance on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning units.
- Maintain required maintenance logs and files.
- Perform routine housekeeping activities in the department and ensure adherence to established safety procedures and requirements.
- Requires a broad knowledge of mechanical repair and maintenance.
- High school Diploma and five (5) to seven (7) years of progressively responsible related experience;
- Other combination of education and experience that would be equivalent or exceed above two standard.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical issues
- Repair and maintain machinery, equipment, buildings, and facilities requiring a broad knowledge of maintenance skills including mechanical repair, plumbing, welding, carpentry, fabrication, and a basic knowledge of electrical repair.
- PLC knowledge is huge plus and pretty much required
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: http://www.onwardgroup.com/careers/zoho-submit-resume/
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.