Validation Engineer – Intermediate - 776
Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Validation Engineer's responsibilities include performing verification and validation of automotive systems to meet federally regulated guidelines for software performance (OBD), safety requirements, manufacturability, and vehicle functionality. The Validation team is responsible for the validation of hardware, software, and vehicle functionality. Responsible for developing master DVP's for Vehicle Validation, creating and managing DVP&R's, the test procedures (including maintaining traceability of test artifacts to requirements), and initial root cause analysis activities. Additionally, the team is responsible for properly documenting test procedures and developing new tests as appropriate to enhance coverage. The Validation Engineer shall ensure test properties functionality for validating the appropriate functions, performing the tests and entering test results at all I-Points for all programs. The engineer will clearly document issues in PITS or GIM, and provide Validation Project Chief all DVP&R results and open issues found. The validation engineer provides leadership in the areas of formulation and implementation of testing strategies including traceability from requirements to results to achieve broader testing capabilities across multiple vehicle platforms.
- 2-4 years of experience
- B.S. Mechanical, Aero, Electrical or equivalent Engineering Degree
- Engineer must have excellent communication and presentation skills as well as experience with basic PC software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- MATLAB experience is a plus
- Candidate must be highly motivated, self-directed, have the ability to manage multiple complex projects, and have a positive attitude.
- Preferred candidates will hold a Master’s degree in Engineering and/or have experience in transmission design, development, and testing.
- Specific experience with software, calibration, and/or thermal management is desired.
- An understanding of transmission operation and the interaction between gears, clutches, and electrohydraulic components is desired.
- Working knowledge of NX/Teamcenter Design for Six Sigma certification and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT) is also desired.
- In addition, experience with transmission testing procedures, in vehicle or on dynamometer, and other related considerations are also highly valued.
- Preference given to those with a minimum of 4 years engineering experience and those with a minimum of 1 years of automatic transmission related experience.
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: http://www.onwardgroup.com/careers/zoho-submit-resume/
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.